Newsletters & Documents for Download
You can download our latest and previous newsletters here to see information on current projects and the progress we have made.
- Project's Progress newsletter 2014 (1.29MB pdf)
- Project's Progress newsletter 2013 (7.7MB pdf)
- Project's Progress newsletter 2012 (1.55MB pdf)
- Project's Progress newsletter 2011
- Project's Progress newsletter 2010
- Project's Progress newsletter 2009 (331KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2008 (249KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2007 (1.55MB pdf)
- Newsletter 2006 (1.50MB pdf)
- Newsletter 2005 (532KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2004 (536KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2003 (1.06MB pdf)
- Newsletter 2002 (357KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2001 (277KB pdf)
- Newsletter 2000 (291KB pdf)
You can make an online donation to support the work of this educational charity, or you can download a printable donation form and post it to us at the address on the form.
Papers presented at Pan African Reading For All Conference
- Literacy: Overview
- Literacy: Subject-Literacy
- Literacy: English Primary Syllabus
- Literacy: Foreign Personnel
The conference took place at University of Dar es Salaam in August 2009.
What happened to our good English?
Katy Allen, MBE, Director of Village Education Project Kilimanjaro, writes about the state of English teaching and learning in Tanzanian primary schools. 'What happened to our good English?' is a 26-page report which provides a detailed analysis and recommendations for policy makers.
A second paper, extending the ideas and recommendations contained in the first paper, was delivered to a conference in Dar es Salaam. 'Primary School Teachers and the Problems Faced with Teaching the English Language' is a 35-page report which includes a summary, and recommendations for policy makers.